Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Is It That Time Again?!! Our Second Tuesday Hook-In at the Red House Wool Studio!


How can it be another month already?!!  I was so happy today was our second Tuesday hook-in here at the Studio...  I needed to see all my friends and feast my eyes on all the beautiful projects! 
Remember Tammi who has just started hooking a few months ago!  Well I was pleased to see she finished her projects since we last met!  Today she learned how to bind the Feather Tree rug.... can you see how beautiful her hooking is already? She pays attention to detail and it shows in her work! The wheels were turning today as now she wants to use up those left over wooly worms from these projects.... can't wait to see what she comes up with!




Shirley is another meticulous hooker! Just look at these adorable mats she hooked for Sherry ( that cute red head on the left ;) who is the owner of the Bernese Mountain Dogs in the photo.  Sadly these adorable doggies have gone over the rainbow bridge but Shirley has brought them to life  with her wool and hook! Rose and Hobo are memorialized perfectly in these sweet mats!  Beautiful!


Sherry has just started hooking also!  And look at the progress she is making on her rug.... you'll have to stay tuned as she works more gorgeous colors of wool into this one!


Shirley is almost done with her rug she drew and designed based on an old family photo. Sweet donkeys and a log cabin are hooked to perfection in this wonderful mat!  More photos to come as she finishes this one!


Lisa needed a little guidance on how to hook the bird in her Maggie B cornucopia rug!  Isn't it wonderful! You know I'm a big fan of Maggie Bonanomi designs and have hooked a few myself!   Wish you could see this rug in real life.... oh the wools are to dye for!!  


How did I get so lucky to be surrounded by the most talented rug hookers in the country? I swear... they are all here in Wisconsin and make their way to my little studio!  To hook with these ladies is pure delight! Pat is working on this rug with sheep.... Sheep!!!  I want to hook a sheep rug so bad.... and Lisa does too!  What an inspiration for us today!  


Another beauty hooked by Pat!  She drew this based on an antique rug and used wools to make it look old old old!!! Didn't she nail it!? I Love LOve love this rug!!

So we hooked, stitched, chowed, shopped and shared!
So good for the soul and heart!

 We are looking forward to a few "snowbird hookers" returning from Florida next month 
to join us.... a word of warning.....

Don't put away your winter clothes just yet.... it's snowing as I write... really... April 12!!
Still good hooking weather here and a new shipment of wool arrives in a couple of days!

So lots of work and fun ahead!

Cathy G




18 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Would you know what the sheep design is called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking today was Monday all day! I'm so mad at myself. Looks like I missed a fun time :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great hook in and such beautiful rugs, love the antique colors the ladies are using and the puppy one is so cute.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the 2 chickens and the horse. Everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blown away by all the rugs...what a wonderful group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all and the ladies are all perfect hookers with loads of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful work! Oh, how I wish I lived closer to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow !!!! They are all beautiful ! So lucky you have so many talented gals , so inspiring !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great rugs there. Thanks for sharing. Especially love the Maggie B (I have that pattern) and the two chickens/horse.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. wishing I could come & hook with you! beautiful rugs & talented hands ~ & I love your studio!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SO wish I lived close enough to hook with you! What a talented group of gals! Thanks for sharing all the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many talented gals! These rugs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It so much fun having a bunch of like-minded souls to spend a fun filled Tuesday with! The rugs are just beautiful! I really, really love the sheep rug! And the rug by Pat is gorgeous!! She should offer it as a pattern...just sayin'! Thank you for the lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It so much fun having a bunch of like-minded souls to spend a fun filled Tuesday with! The rugs are just beautiful! I really, really love the sheep rug! And the rug by Pat is gorgeous!! She should offer it as a pattern...just sayin'! Thank you for the lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful wool ! Beautiful rugs !
    A perfect combination. Hook ins are the best !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my golly you girls are talented and your projects are so impressive. Nothing is better than being with a group of ladies who enjoy the same interests. I belong to a quilt group. Along with our once a month get together we also take four days once a year and go on a quilt retreat. Man oh man, we laugh and talk and quilt till all ends of the morning - to say the least, there's not much sleep going on.
    Have a good weekend!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wish I lived nearby Cathy... you all look like you're having a grand hooking time! Wonderful rugs, such talent in one room...! I so miss my old Tuesday Friendship hooking group out in So. Calif. where I'm originally from. After moving to the east coast, its been tough to get a group together on a regular basis (even once a month). Nothing like spending the day with a nice group of women with same interests & making good progress sharing & encouraging one another along.

    Thanks for sharing your blog with all of us.
    Have a great weekend!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Remember how cautious I was not to publish a pix of my three sheep until it was done. When I finally finished it, it only took a couple of months and my three sheep are now front and center in one of Anne Bond's new rugs. Should be a compliment, but I am so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!