Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Friday, March 7, 2014

Welcome My Newest Class of Rug Hookers!


Last evening my newest class of beginning rug hookers met here in my studio to learn how to sew the bindings onto their rugs!   What a wonderful group they are... Janice, Kaye, Sherri, Nancy, Pat (who couldn't make it last evening) and Marty!  And I'm happy to announce that Marty is the first man to participate in one of my rug hooking classes! 


Here he is doing a fabulous job at sewing on that binding! He loved the hooking part... but wasn't too crazy about the binding!!
Sound familiar?    Well... join the crowd Marty!  Binding seems to be the least favorite part of a lot of long time hookers out there.  The trick is to get at it right away!  I know.... easier said than done... but what a wonderful feeling to have a completely finished beautiful rug to enjoy!

I didn't get a nice group photo of the class.... I feel bad about that... so I hope we can get together again soon and they will be working on new projects to share with you!

Sherri is a basket maker and brought some baskets to show us!  Oh my gosh you won't believe how gorgeous they are!!  I'll take photos of them in the next couple of days and share them with you!

The new iPhone camera seems to be working out real well.  It's the photographer who needs to practice  more to get better at using it!  Just as in rug hooking or learning to put on that binding it's just practice, practice, practice!!  Right Marty? LOL!!

I hope you'll join me in welcoming these lovely ladies and gentleman to our fold... they are hooked!!
And I couldn't be happier!!

Cathy G

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish there was a rug hooking place near me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun time in your comfy-cozy studio!
    xoxox
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. How inspiring and rewarding to be able to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks like so much fun! Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, oh looks like such a great time, blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun...your studio looks so welcoming. Man hookers....excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Cathy, I also looked at your Facebook page, and your studio/shop is so pretty! I wish I was closer. The rug at the top of the blog, is that a Maggie B pattern, is it in one of her books?
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy,
    So awesome to see your students enjoying rug hooking. Yay that Marty joined your class. I love your studio. Some day I'm coming over to see it in person! Supposed to warm up some tomorrow and Monday. Hope it melts slow so we don't have a lake! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, your studio looks so warm and inviting and the students hard at work. Congratulations on getting your first male student hooked. When I taught Ceramic classes I found the men were very creative.

    Hope your weekend is a good one. Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your header pic. I so wish you lived closer to Michigan or I lived closer to Wisconsin so I could learn to hook. Janice

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!