Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Still My Heart! ~Two Posts On One Day!!!

(adaptation of antique Clover Buds in Basket Rug or Lollipop Rug as some have called it)

Two posts on one day!!  I know... first I don't post at all... then two on one day!!  But I just couldn't let Valentines Day go by without sharing this gorgeous rug my friend Lisa just finished hooking! Remember she's only been hooking rugs for less than a year!  I am steam pressing it for her today and she has to bind it.... but oh I can't stop looking at it!!  
Lisa my lovely lady... you are my inspiration! 
And that's not all... she's taken to drawing up some of her own patterns to hook.... wait til' you see!
Be still my heart!!
Again.... May your heart go pitter patter on this day of Hearts!

XXXOOO! 

Cathy G

10 comments:

  1. It is just beautiful. You must be an incredible teacher for that second rug to look so perfect. She is also very, very talented. :) I can see why you keep looking at it. I would too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Beautiful rug.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rug!! I like that adaption of the old rug!1
    ~Cammie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her colors, it is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great hooked rug! Beautiful colors too. I love the reds.
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Hope that you
    had a great day.
    Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hooked piece. Your student sprouted wings and took flight quickly, You both deserve a pat on the back.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty rug , I Love the colors she chose, she is So lucky to have such a great teacher near by !!! Think she is "Hooked " !!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!