Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Candy Man!

I've decided to try my hand at making a pumpkin head doll for Fall-O-Ween.  I tend to not use patterns on the things like this that I create......  I guess because of the nature of the wool.   Wool is so easy to manipulate and when sewing and stuffing kind of takes on a life of it's own.  When this guy materialized out of some plaid wool I knew he needed a wool scarf to keep the Autumn chill away. His prized wool "Candy Corn" just made sense since his head is a pumpkin and I didn't want him holding another pumpkin.  So here he is in all his candy corn glory.  He told me he wanted to check out Ebay for awhile and join the Jol Halloween Rug that I have on right now too.  It looks like the rug will soon be going to  a new home!  So how about  it "Mr. Candy Corn Lover"!  Maybe you can charm  your way into a new home too!  Your smile certainly charmed MY socks off!!

Head on over to Ebay by clicking on "Mr. Candy Corn Lover's" mug shot in the upper left corner!


Cathy G

16 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy, I`m in love with Mr. Candy Corn man, he`s a handsome guy for sure. Really nice Header picture, love it. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy oh boy, I love the look of him, that's a great face and suit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute. I liked the part that you tend to not use patterns, oh how I wish I had that gift.
    I love the candy corn too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh is is perfectly wonderful.
    Love Him.
    Hugs
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, you are so creative and talented. Great corn candy pumpkin man. Love the nice smile too and no pattern...
    Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love him he looks like something out of a Tim Burton cartoon! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love him he looks like something out of a Tim Burton cartoon! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. He knocks the socks off me too! Just a litlle cutie! Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute, really fun piece. I like making things up, easier than reading a pattern, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I love him! The candy corn is perfect, as is his little suit. Wonderful work, as usual, Cathy!

    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh if he isn't just PERFECT...I love him.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your so creative and funny! I love this guy.
    Hope your doing good. I miss coming by.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is TOTALLY charming. Tres galant in that suit. And what a smile!!! So true about him not holding another pumpkin - that would be downright creepy. Happy Fall'oween to you - you make it a special season.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!