Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Time To Rethink~ Chocolate and Pink~

I've been keeping my hands busy and warm these last few days. The temp. here today was 10 degrees ABOVE zero. When we grocery shop here it's best not to leave the lettuce, eggs, fresh fruits and veggies in the trunk or too far away from the car heater on the trip home. You could probably leave ice cream in your trunk though for a few days and it would stay frozen!! The forecast for tonight is 20 degrees Below zero again. Remind me again why I live here?
I have been working on these little wool needle keeps for my selling blog. I'm using up some felted coat weight wool that's been overdyed with chocolate and pink. Now I'm thinking Valentine's but they are useful little things for all year. Go check them out on my selling blog by clicking here Cathy's Country Goods
They are fun to make and I really LOVE the way the hand dyed pins turned out! They look so old and primitive! Check them out up there in my new header. I needed a break from hooking on the penny circle rug(my neck and shoulders are suffering) so the little sewies are what's keeping me busy for the moment. Hope you like them!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy...If we were closer to each other we'd craft ourselves into oblivian!!!
    I adore your hooked run your making...seriously awsome...Circles are something I encorporate into most of the things I make...even jewelry.
    I can't wait to see it finished!
    I love your little needle kits...they just make you want to sew! Have fun keeping your shop full of goodies! I'm doing "Sit down" things as I've torn my achilles tendon...Being STILL for a couple weeks. HARD...
    xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    Well our weather out in the east is great...snow all gone and it is plus 7 (I think this is about 38 F)But that can change in an instant. Love your new projects.

    How's your mom doing? My mom in Montreal is house bound as they are getting 5 inches of snow almost every day for the past 10 days or so...and do you believe at 77, she is still doing her snow with a snowblower and shovel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love those little bags! Great little Valentine's gift!

    Dulcy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!